Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Reflection 11/27/09

Classroom blogging opens up a whole new area for learning and practice. A major benefit I find to blogging is that it extends contact with the subject matter and class interaction beyond the classroom. It gives students the opportunity and responsibility to work and interact with classmates on the topic beyond the limited meeting times of class.
I have used my moodle site to extend a discussion on a specific topic we were working on (current events: the war in Iraq) and have students give their opinion on the war, in Spanish, and comment on classmates' views, in English.

6 comments:

  1. Wow! That is great! What level do you have doing this? You say that you are doing it through Moodle, do you have a blog set up through there instead of Blogger, or do you have the conversation set up in another format?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with your comments. I hope that we can chat about your use of Moodle. I plan to get started soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am interested in learning how you put that all together. It sounds wonderful. I'm still at the "imagineering" stage of how I'll use blogging in my classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hadn't really thought about it but blogging would really make it easier for students to work and interact with classmates on the topic beyond the times of the classroom. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the idea about having the kids respond to topics outside of the normal LOTE classroom discussion, but having them express themselves in the target language.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mercedes,
    You are like the pied piper of moodles in our department. I really like your ideas and agree with your thoughts on extending interaction outside of the classroom. I hope that you will have the opportunity to share your moodle with us sometime...it would be great to see an example that is not ELA or social studies (no offense out there!)!

    ReplyDelete